Welcome to the NCEMGVA Website
If you would like to view all aspects of the website (for members only) Please log in by clicking on the "person" icon on the top right section of the Home Page. Once you log in, click on the icon again and click on "My Profile" for all of your membership details (i.e., level, status, when renewal is due, ID number, etc.) Visitors to our site will only be able to view limited areas. All areas of our site may be found in our menu.
The Fall edition of the NCEMGVA newsletter is now available for members at Members/Current Issue
Niche Gardens is closing. This nursery has been very supportive to NCEMGVA. Please read the notice below:
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Niche Gardens1111 Dawson Rd
Chapel Hill NC 27516
July and August:
Open 5 days a week
September 2 - October 18:
Open 7 days a week
and Sunday 10-5
Going out of business:
last business day 10/18/19
We're going out of business...
1111 Dawson RdChapel Hill, NC 27516
Add us to your address book
Copyright (C) 2019 Niche Gardens All rights reserved.
Forward this email to a friend
Update your profile
The Birds, Bees, and Butterflies and Growing Pollinator Gardens Symposium hosted by Johnston County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers is quickly approaching (September 14). Click on the Upcoming Events Page for details about this event. Check out the PowerPoint file below for some inspiration about why you should consider attending this one day event.
Below is information from Charlotte Glen about changes to Plants, Pests and Pathogens Webinars
Exciting Changes Coming to Plants, Pests and Pathogens for 2019!
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the Plants, Pests and Pathogens survey! Based on your feedback, we've made some changes to the schedule. Moving forward, Plant, Pests and Pathogens webinars will be:
The full schedule listed below and posted on the NC State Extension Gardening Portal: http://go.ncsu.edu/ppp
- More often: Webinars will be held the 4th Tuesday of EVERY month from February through October
- Shorter: Webinars will begin at 10:00 and finish by 11:30. The first hour will feature the guest speaker; the final 30 minutes will allow time for questions and announcements
- More focused:
- Feb, April, June, Aug., and Oct. webinars will feature Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, of the NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic. Matt and Mike will share updates on current pest and plant disease issues in NC, including fun and interactive polls and time for your questions
- March, May, July, Sept. webinars will feature a guest speaker, followed by a brief update from Matt and Mike on current issues
- Dates are also posted on the NCSUgarden, Statewide calendar
- Login links will be available on NCSUgarden, Statewide - to find them, got to the Statewide site by clicking on the Statewide link in the upper right corner of your county page, then either enter Plants, Pests and Pathogens in the search box OR navigate to Training-Advanced, related page Plants, Pests and Pathogens
Also new for 2019, webinars will be broadcast via Zoom, a free, easy-to-use online meeting app that you can use from your computer, tablet or smart phone. Learn more about using Zoom:
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting - 1 minute Youtube video
- Written instructions - How to Join a Zoom Meeting
- Join a test session to test your internet connection
- Learn more about Zoom Meetings
To join from your smartphone or tablet, download the free Zoom Cloud Meeting app:
2019 Plants, Pests and Pathogens Schedule
All webinars are from 10:00 - 11:30 am
- February 26 - Current Pest and Plant Disease Issues in NC, with Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, NCSU Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- March 26 - Developing an Integrated Pest Management Plan for Your Lawn and Landscape, with Ryan Adams, NC State IPM Center
- April 23 - Current Pest and Plant Disease Issues in NC, with Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, NCSU Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- May 28 - Grapes for North Carolina Gardens, with Mark Hoffman, NC State Dept. Horticultural Science
- June 25 - Current Pest and Plant Disease Issues in NC, with Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, NCSU Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- July 23 - An Overview of State and Federal Noxious Weeds Found in North Carolina, with Bridget Lassiter, NCDA & CS
- August 27 - Current Pest and Plant Disease Issues in NC, with Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, NCSU Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- September 24 - Caring for Trees with Storms in Mind, with Barb Fair, NC State Dept. of Horticultural Sciences
- October 22 - Current Pest and Plant Disease Issues in NC, with Matt Bertone and Mike Munster, NCSU Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
Please share this information with all EMGVs in your county. I look forward to connecting with you during the 2019 Plants, Pests and Pathogens webinar series!
Kilgore Hall 270
Campus Box 7609
2721 Founders Drive
Raleigh, NC 27695-7609
NC State Extension helps create prosperity for North Carolina through programs and partnerships focused on agriculture and food, health and nutrition, and 4-H youth development.